The Phyto Climate Positive Programme provides a carbon offset solution for our customers by acquiring carbon credits through Ecosphere+, the world’s most expansive portfolio of forest carbon projects.
Phyto-Therapy calculates the greenhouse emissions from our company, the ingredients we offer, our bulk blending services and packing, which is then independently audited by Carbon Intel and then Certified by Climate Active.
This process starts with the farms, manufacturing, transportation and warehousing. All of Phyto-Therapy’s ingredients and organisation are Carbon Neutral and certified by Climate Active through this process.
Climate Active Public Disclosure Statements for:
Ecosphere+ Tambopata-BahUaja Biodiversity Project
The Tambopata-Bahuaja project is linked directly to avoiding deforestation in the Peruvian Amazon by working with local communities to create an economic buffer zone protecting threatened tropical rainforest in an internationally recognised biodiversity hotspot.
The project integrates conservation and sustainable economic development to conserve 591,851 hectares of protected forest (an area about the size of Los Angeles). The project is part of the Althelia Climate Fund and implemented in partnership with AIDER, a local Peruvian NGO.
The Amazon rainforest provides 20% of the world’s oxygen. It regulates and filters water, anchors soil to prevent erosion, protects biodiversity and nurtures thousands of species that carry out environmentally crucial roles, such as pollination.
The work done by Ecosphere+ and their technical partners on the ground helps to address the drivers of deforestation whilst also protecting habitats and offering impoverished communities a more sustainable way of making a living.
Phyto Carbon Bank
- We have partnered with UK based firm, Ecosphere+, to offset the GHG emissions relating to our products and operations.
- Our emissions are offset by purchasing and retiring Verified Carbon Units or VCUs (1 tonne CO2-e reduced or avoided = 1 carbon unit).
- VCUs are generated from registered GHG emissions reduction projects and are both tradable and internationally recognised.
- US-based firm, Verra, administers the project registration process and maintains the Verified Carbon Standard (VCS) under which all projects are certified.
- We have chosen to open our own Verra Registry account, both to streamline our future offset needs and help our clients achieve their environmental goals. By opening an account with Verra, we can purchase and retire credits within a shorter timeframe and retire credits on behalf of third parties.
If you would like further information on the Phyto Carbon Bank of the Phyto Climate Positive Programme, please contact Phyto here.
Copyright: Marlon Dag. Sunset over the Tambopata-Bahuaja Landscape