We are currently working towards becoming a certified B Corporation, a global initiative that aims to include a social and environmental performance at the core of business decision making.
B Corps are assessed over a range of categories in order to measure the total positive impact being created for workers, customers, suppliers, communities and the environment.
Becoming a B Corp is a lengthy process. At this stage, we are hoping to obtain B Corp Certification by 2022.
You can find out more about the B Corp initiative here.
Sustainable business model
Our products/services contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals in the following ways;
Goal 2: Zero Hunger
- Our products/services help raise awareness of good nutrition.
- Our products/services provide healthy, nutritious food as defined by relevant third-party guidelines.
- Our products/services provide food products that meet third-party sustainability guidelines (e.g. organic certified, carbon-neutral).
- Our business model provides beneficial trade terms and capacity support to smallholder farms in our supply chain.
Goal 3: Good Health and Well-being
- Our products/services directly provide healthcare that cures or prevents illness/disability (e.g. food supplements to reduce vitamin & mineral deficiencies).
- Our products/services use less toxic/hazardous chemicals or materials than other alternatives (e.g. organic food).
Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- Our products/services use less toxic/hazardous chemicals or materials than market alternatives (i.e. organic food).
- Our products/services enable companies or consumers to improve their environmental awareness with respect to the impact of their practices (e.g. consulting services for life cycle assessment).
Goal 13: Climate Action
- Our products/services enable propagation, protection, or rehabilitation of forests, mangroves, and other habitats that help climate mitigation and adaptation.
Goal 14: Life Below Water
- Our products/services use less toxic hazardous chemicals or materials than market alternatives (i.e. organic food)
Goal 15: Life on Land
- Our products/services prevent the degradation of or restore terrestrial ecosystems (e.g. wildlife management services, reforestation services)