Phyto-Therapy is excited to announce that we are officially B Corp certified.
We are proud to join a global community of businesses committed to putting social and environmental objectives at the core of business decision-making.
B Corps must demonstrate high social and environmental performance via the B Impact Assessment, a tool designed to evaluate businesses based on five key areas; governance, workers, community, the environment, and customers.
Maintaining B Corp status is based on a process of continuous improvement, as best practice standards continue to be updated. We look to use the B Corp framework to help set and achieve our future sustainability goals.
You can read more about the B Corp initiative here.
Sustainable business model
Our products/services contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals in the following ways;
Goal 2: Zero Hunger
- Our products/services help raise awareness of good nutrition.
- Our products/services provide healthy, nutritious food as defined by relevant third-party guidelines.
- Our products/services provide food products that meet third-party sustainability guidelines (e.g. organic certified, carbon-neutral).
- Our business model provides beneficial trade terms and capacity support to smallholder farms in our supply chain.
Goal 3: Good Health and Well-being
- Our products/services directly provide healthcare that cures or prevents illness/disability (e.g. food supplements to reduce vitamin & mineral deficiencies).
- Our products/services use less toxic/hazardous chemicals or materials than other alternatives (e.g. organic food).
Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- Our products/services use less toxic/hazardous chemicals or materials than market alternatives (i.e. organic food).
- Our products/services enable companies or consumers to improve their environmental awareness with respect to the impact of their practices (e.g. consulting services for life cycle assessment).
Goal 13: Climate Action
- Our products/services enable propagation, protection, or rehabilitation of forests, mangroves, and other habitats that help climate mitigation and adaptation.
Goal 14: Life Below Water
- Our products/services use less toxic hazardous chemicals or materials than market alternatives (i.e. organic food)
Goal 15: Life on Land
- Our products/services prevent the degradation of or restore terrestrial ecosystems (e.g. wildlife management services, reforestation services)
Goals 2, 3, 12, 13, 14, and 15 have been identified as relevant to our business model via the United Nations SDG Action Manager.