Organic KSM-66 Ashwagandha is a branded, full-spectrum powdered root extract with the highest concentration of all significant constituents available on the market. It has been clinically proven to reduce stress and anxiety, enhance memory and cognition, enhance sleep quality, and increase immune function. Ashwagandha is a traditional Indian Ayurveda herb that has been consumed and used as medicine to treat all kinds of ailments. It is an adaptogenic herb that helps the body adapt to stressful conditions.
Phyto-Therapy’s Organic KSM-66 utilises the highest quality farming and production practices and zero alcohols or chemical solvents are used in the production of the extract.
The Manufacturing Process
- Roots are collected from organically cultivated ashwagandha plants – only the healthiest roots are selected.
- These roots are then washed to remove unwanted material, hot air-dried, and pulverized into a fine powder.
- Water is then added to the powder to make a slurry before the mixture is heated under controlled temperature and pressure.
- After cooling the slurry back down, it’s passed through a fine filter for further separation of waste particles.
- Vacuum drying (at low temperature) converts liquid solution back into a powder and reduces the moisture level to around 2-3%.
- A micro-pulverizer is used to produce a fine free flowing powder, which is then sieved through a vibro-sifter to reach desired particle size (>90% passes through a 300-mesh sieve).
- Final microbiological, heavy metal, and phytochemical analysis take place before packaging extract into 25kg tightly sealed HDPE drums.
Quality Control Measures
- Vertical integration system ensures a high-quality product by implementing strict quality control standards from start to finish, in accordance with GMP standards.
- Only the roots are extracted – novel clean and green extraction process that avoids the use of alcohols or any other chemical solvents
- Organically Certified
- Continual product testing throughout the entire process from root to finished extract.
Research Studies & Clinical Trials
The dose range for studies: 600-675mg per day (typically 300mg x 2 times/day)
Participants in studies: 46-64 subjects in each study
|Health Outcomes||Brief Study Findings|
|Stress relief & reducing anxiety||Ashwagandha can help reduce serum cortisol levels, which can decrease stress levels. Potentially also reduces the over-excitation of neurons to enhance overall calmness, focus & mental well-being. |
|Improving sexual function in Men||Can regulate testosterone production in males and help stimulate other reproductive hormones. Stress has been directly linked to infertility and through decreasing cortisol, fertility, and semen quality can improve. |
|Improving cardiorespiratory endurance||Ashwagandha has been found to increase creatine levels, haemoglobin, and succinate dehydrogenase (SDH), creating more readily available energy and an increase in VO2 max. |
|Increasing muscle strength, muscle mass, and muscle recovery||Studies found that ashwagandha could increase muscle growth (through an increase in testosterone), inhibit a reduction in muscle mass, assist with the body’s natural protein synthesis, accelerate cell repair, and hence promote muscle recovery after exercise. |
|Healthy weight management||Weight management/reduction was observed due to ashwagandha’s impact in decreasing serum cortisol. This reduces stress, which has been shown to positively correlate with healthy weight management. |
|Improving memory & cognition||Study participants demonstrated improvements in memory & cognitive tasks after consuming ashwagandha. This is believed to be an outcome of increased choline production and cortical muscarinic acetylcholine receptor capacity observed after taking the extract. |
- “A prospective, randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study of safety and efficacy of a high-concentration full-spectrum extract of ashwagandha root in reducing stress and anxiety in adults”, published in Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine, 2012
- “Clinical Evaluation of the Spermatogenic Activity of the Root Extract of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) in Oligospermic Males: A Pilot Study”, published in Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2013
- “Efficacy of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera [L.] Dunal) in improving cardiorespiratory endurance in healthy athletic adults”, published in AYU, 2015
- “Examining the effect of Withania somnifera Supplementation on Muscle Strength and Recovery: A Randomized Controlled Trial”, published in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 2015
- “Body Weight Management in Adults Under Chronic Stress Through Treatment With Ashwagandha Root Extract: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial”, published in the Journal of Evidence-Based Complementary & Alternative Medicine, 2016
- “Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera (L.) Dunal) Root Extract in Improving Memory and Cognitive Functions”, published in the Journal of Dietary Supplements, 2017